Attitudinal survey on new house development in Abram
The objectives of this research were:
1. To examine the council house situation in Abram and surrounding districts, with specific reference to the waiting list for council houses and plans for future building.
2. To identify private builders and estate developers in the area and assess the degree of success or failure encountered in selling houses before or on completion of building.
3. To identify the price range, type of house and number of bedrooms offered in these new developments, and to discover whether central heating and/or garages are inclusive in the price of the house.
To determine preferences for types of houses and reasons for a particular choice.
4. To discover attitudes towards living in Abram, perceived advantages and disadvantages.
About this collection:
Peter Cooper (1936-2010) was co-founder of Cooper Research & Marketing, later CRAM International, with his wife Jackie French. Cooper studied Clinical Psychology at the University of Manchester where he became a Lecturer in the early 1960s. He became involved in conducting commercial Motivational Research and by 1968 opened Cooper Research & Marketing in Manchester. Cooper was one of the key pioneers of what we now know as Qualitative Research. CRAM opened its London office in Wimpole Street in 1970 and moved to 53 St Martins Lane, WC2N 4EA, in 1972 where it remained until Peter's passing in 2010. The company changed its name to CRAM International in around 1985/86, reflecting the increasingly international nature of its work. The CRAM/Peter Cooper Archive Collection, which includes commercial research reports and early academic papers, has been preserved by Peter's children, Diana, Helen and Jonathan, and his colleague Simon Patterson. The scanning of the Archive has been supported by ESOMAR, AMSR, Peter's colleague Dr Alan Branthwaite & family, the Cooper family, and QRi Consulting. The CRAM/Peter Cooper Archive Collection is managed by QRi Consulting. The CRAM logo and CRAM International name are Registered Trademarks and the property of QRi Consulting.
- This could also be of interest