Nescafé packaging research in Ireland for Nestle's Ltd.
The objectives of this research were as follows:
1. To examine consumer reactions to recent Nescafe history in terms of the introduction of granules, withdrawal of powder and re-introduction of powder;
2 . To investigate the meaning of powder, how it is communicated (without necessarily saying 'powder'), its positive and negative associations, mood, etc;
3. To elicit information on tins and jars preferences, and to examine particularly responses to the 2oz tin;
4. To examine responses to the new labels on both tins and jars in terms of preferences, specific positives and negatives, likely user, expectations regarding the product, mood elicited, etc.;
5. To briefly examine current Nescafe packaging and
compare and contrast responses with those of the
About this collection:
Peter Cooper (1936-2010) was co-founder of Cooper Research & Marketing, later CRAM International, with his wife Jackie French. Cooper studied Clinical Psychology at the University of Manchester where he became a Lecturer in the early 1960s. He became involved in conducting commercial Motivational Research and by 1968 opened Cooper Research & Marketing in Manchester. Cooper was one of the key pioneers of what we now know as Qualitative Research. CRAM opened its London office in Wimpole Street in 1970 and moved to 53 St Martins Lane, WC2N 4EA, in 1972 where it remained until Peter's passing in 2010. The company changed its name to CRAM International in around 1985/86, reflecting the increasingly international nature of its work. The CRAM/Peter Cooper Archive Collection, which includes commercial research reports and early academic papers, has been preserved by Peter's children, Diana, Helen and Jonathan, and his colleague Simon Patterson. The scanning of the Archive has been supported by ESOMAR, AMSR, Peter's colleague Dr Alan Branthwaite & family, the Cooper family, and QRi Consulting. The CRAM/Peter Cooper Archive Collection is managed by QRi Consulting. The CRAM logo and CRAM International name are Registered Trademarks and the property of QRi Consulting.
- This could also be of interest