Qualitative research into odour problem among sanitary towel users
Unilever is interested in collecting data about the problems of odour among sanitary towel users with the ultimate goal of deciding the appropriateness of launching a deodorised or perfumed towel onto the market. Qualitative research is an appropriate means of gathering this information and the objectives of the research were therefore as follows:
1. To assess the extent to which odour is a problem among towel users and following from this, to assess the extent to which its removal or prevention is desirable;
2. To delineate the perceived causes of odour and the factors affecting its presence;
3. To investigate general reactions to the concepts;
4. To isolate any age or user differences in attitudes towards odour/perfume/deodorant.
- This could also be of interest